Wow, it's been a long time since I've done a blog post but LIFE I tell ya! Ever notice how out of nowhere things just get crazy?! Always. We got a dog, we bought a house, then we've got ALL the birthdays going on in this house, we took a ski trip to visit my family, a spring break family vacation and then let's add an endless winter of crazy weather and mucho snow days. All good things but when your plate is full, some things get dropped. Anywho, it's time to get back to it and I was thinking about a few things that I am loving lately that are making a frequent appearance in my day-to-day life and I thought I would share! I always love a good recommendation whether it be for a good read, an essential piece of clothing, a great sale or a favorite pantry item, so here's what's been rocking my world as of late! I've linked the products to where you can buy if applicable.
1. Trader Joe's Green Goddess Dressing: As much as I love making dressings from scratch, sometimes we just don't have the time! I generally keep Tessemae's dressings in my fridge for instances like that but when this new product popped up in my most favorite of stores, I had to try it. It wasn't love at first taste but I've really come to love it on almost anything! Tacos, eggs, chicken, fish, salad - it's super versatile, super clean and Whole 30 approved (so you know there ain't any junk in there!). You can find it in the refrigerated section with the fresh veggies.
2. Smocked Wide Leg Jump Suit: First let me start by saying that I LOVE a good jumpsuit. I have four of them. I have some I wear with heels, some I where with flats, some that are dressy and some that are casual. I wandered into LOFT which, truth be told, I haven't been into since my corporate work days over 10 years ago (has it been that long?!). Didn't LOFT used to be called Ann Taylor Loft? It was sort of a cheaper version of Ann Taylor and much more middle-aged as I recall? Then again I just hit the 40 mark so I guess I qualify for that one! But seriously, the stuff in there was CUTE! I picked up a couple tops in addition to this jumpsuit and I had to cut myself off there. This jumpsuit is super soft cotton and can seriously go from out and about during the day to dressed up with a denim jacket, flats and some earrings at night. I'm in love. I swear, the pictures don't do it justice but all of us in the fitting room agreed, it's a must for your wardrobe. Oh, and bonus, everything in the store and online is 40% off right now so run don't walk!
3. Colorblock Salutation 7/8 Tights: Just like buttah. That's what I would say to describe these pants. I'm a fan of Athleta leggings because they just FIT and the quality is much better than one particular competitive brand that is insanely overpriced -- you know who I'm talking about! These feel a lot like the Lululemon Align tights. They are super soft, high-waisted and hold you in. I love the colorblocking and the mesh panel at the bottom to give them a little something and I'm gaga over the green color (Abyss is what they call it). I may have to go back and get these in black too.
4. Stok Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee: I like to consider myself a cold brew aficionado because I always try it when I see it. This is by far and away the most smooth cold brew I have tasted. I am generally a Chameleon Cold Brew lover but after having this I've gone back to it and it just tasted bitter to me. I mean this is smooth enough to not have to add anything to - milk, cream, non-dairy creamer or what-have-you. I have tried the Not Too Sweet version of this too and even though I generally don't do sweetened, it's pretty good. I tried to find a link for this that you could order from but it seems to be quite illusive. I've had good luck finding this in Stop & Shop and I even spotted it in several airport stores recently!
5. Spindrift Orange Mango: Seltzer is an essential item in this house. We are not soda drinkers here and I generally don't drink many beverages besides water, coffee, wine and margaritas but sometimes you just need something else. This is my afternoon go-to when I need a water change-up and sometimes it's my stand-in for an evening cocktail. This flavor is probably not new but I just stumbled across it in my local Trader Joe's and it was love at first sip!
6. Grandy Oats Grain-Free Granola: I love granola. And when I say love, I mean, I have a full-blown addiction to it and buy it in spurts because a bag doesn't last longer than a few days around here! My go-to has always been Purely Elizabeth but I spotted this in my local Whole Foods recently and had to give it a try. Plus, it's from Maine and being a Mainer at heart, I'm excited to support the company. Their grain-free granola is DELICIOUS and they even have a new grain-free flavor that just came out, Coffee Crunch Coconola that I'm stalking my Whole Foods for. I mean, it's combining my favorite things -- coffee and granola!
7. mindbodygreen Podcasts: I love listening to podcasts. It can be hard to find the time to sit down and read and with podcasts you can listen when you're in the kitchen cooking, driving around town, or, as I do now, walking the dog. I'm a health and wellness junkie so these are right up my alley. From the latest trends in the wellness world, to the movers and shakers in the industry, to stories on how some of these entrepreneurs got started, these podcasts have me entranced every time. Plus, Jason Wachob, Founder and CEO of mindbodygreen, has the most calming voice ever.
And that's my list for the week! I'll try to make these Friday Favorites a more regular thing because there's no better way to hear about things than by word of mouth, in my opinion anyway!